As the season is slowly changing and we look towards Winter, I get visions of a crackling fireplace, good red wine and a cosy cabin. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
There are cabins and cottages all over South Africa. From a farm cottage in a lush valley to a luxury suite in the mountain, winter escapes have never been as exciting and inviting. We have selected our favourites and would like to share it with you.
1. Dwyka Tented Lodge, between Montagu and Barrydale
2. Makakatana Bay Lodge, St Lucia
3. Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, Gansbaai
4. Highlands mountain retreat, Golden gate national park, Free state
5. Mont Angelis cottages, Stellenbosch
6. The Edge Mountain Retreat, Hogsback, Eastern Cape
7. Cederkloof Botanical Retreat, Citrusdal
8. Buffalo Valley bush lodges, Sedgefield
9. Sondagskloof, Sandies Glen Valley near Stanford
10. Fossil Hills, Mc Gregor
With the curveballs that 2020 and 2021 so far has thrown at us, most businesses (especially in the tourism industry) had to redefine themselves to survive and ensure longevity. Welcome Assist was no exception. We have spread our wings to now not only locally servicing all industries with wonderful South African products, but also starting an export division. Some of our amazing products are now making their way to Scandinavia. Top quality South African products/gifts serve as little ambassadors of our rich and diverse culture!
As part of our “shake-up”, we have also done some updates to our website and added some exciting new products. The new kids on the block are:
Set of disposable placemats, 20 paper sheets per pad
Going forward we would like to include some positive stories from you our readers. Let us know how you have re-invented yourselves to survive in these tough times, helped others in the community or simply found joy in gifting or using one of our products. Please send your story to Nicci@welcomeassist.co.za .
The reader whose story is selected, will not only be featured in our next newsletter but will also receive a fabulous hamper from Welcome Assist.
All the best
THE WELCOME ASSIST TEAM